Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was a lot of fun. Here is a re-cap:

Sage was drawn to bring Clifford home for the weekend, which was so ironic since Sawyer had just brought him home the weekend before last. She took Clifford everywhere, including to get some Oreo milkshakes with the family.

Friday night, Danny and I went to see Catching Fire. It was really good. I read all three books, so I was excited to see how the movie compared. We got there right before the movie started because our babysitter was running late, and so seat choices were slim pickings. We ended up sitting behind someone with a horrible body odor. When you are pregnant, your sense of smell is as good as a dog's, so this was a little hard for me. I tried to just breathe into the popcorn bag. I'm sure our friends sitting behind us thought we were weird. All well, we still enjoyed the movie.

Saturday night, we had a family movie night. I love our family movie nights. We all cuddle up on our couch together with our blankets and watch a good, wholesome family movie. I still like to take the kids to the local video rental store, because they have lowered their prices so much to keep up with the Redbox kiosks everywhere. Sage (and Clifford) had picked out The Smurfs, so that is what we watched.

My sister and brother-in-law and their kids arrived from Santa Cruz. It will be so much fun to have them around for the week. They are a fun bunch!


We have more family coming into town that are coming to stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday, so I've been working like a madwoman trying to get the house ready.

We always have two dinners on Thanksgiving. Danny's grandparents have an earlier dinner that we attend, and then we always go to my parents' house later, around 4pm. I try not to eat too much at the first dinner, but sometimes I can't help but stuff my face. Then I stuff my face again at our second dinner.

Friday morning, I plan to park my bum on the couch to shop the online Black Friday deals. I've barely started my Christmas shopping, so I have lots left to do. I've become quite an expert on scoring great deals online, especially since we don't have many great stores to shop from in our little coastal town.

We also plan to take the kids to see Frozen on Friday afternoon. Then, later in the evening, my kids will be on a float for their Dance Studio in the Christmas parade.

I'm excited for this week, needless to say. It's always so much fun when family gets together. And when there is lots of food. And leftovers. And pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment