Friday, November 22, 2013

Guess What?

Want to know why my kids are so excited?


Because we had just told them we are going to have another baby join our family!

Asher's face especially makes me laugh in that picture above because he didn't really have a clue what was going on, he was just reacting along with the rest of his siblings.


I am 14 weeks along, and the baby is due on May 23rd.

I just couldn't shake the feeling that we needed to bring another sweet spirit down from Heavenly Father's presence to join our family.

For weeks, I have been nauseous and tired. That is why I was so lame for the kids during the Halloween month.

Sometimes when I'm talking, I'll be in the middle of a sentence and then I'll dry heave. Sometimes even in public. Good times.

Danny has been picking up the slack where it's needed, which I am so grateful for. Seriously, he is the best. He doesn't hesitate to do the dishes, pick the kids up from school, take them to dance classes, take Payton to 4-H activities, vacuum (all the while keeping so busy with his bazillion responsibilities).

Another thing he does for me is make me homemade mashed potatoes whenever I'm craving them. Mashed potatoes smothered in melted butter is what it's all about for me right now. Oh, and milkshakes. I've always had an organic/real food philosophy, but by golly, during these earlier weeks of pregnancy all of that goes out the window. Bring on the milkshakes and potato chips.

Just like with Asher, we won't be finding out the gender until he/she arrives. It is pretty fun that way.

Sage reeeeeeally wants this baby to be a girl! She wants to have a little sister to play girly things with.


Children are such a blessing. Danny and I are privileged that we have been trusted to raise these precious children. It certainly isn't always easy. I have had many moments where I have felt like I fall short as a mother.

I know that these years go by so fast and we have to cherish them.

Family is precious to me.

I am so grateful for the fact that I can be with my family forever. Not just during our time here on earth, but after this journey here on earth is done. I know that when I lose a loved one, it is not the end. I will be with them again. This is so comforting to me. Heavenly Father loves us all so much and has a plan for us.

Please, take a few minutes and watch this video about families. I promise it will uplift you :)





No comments:

Post a Comment