Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Time!

Thanksgiving was great!  It was so nice to spend time with family.  As usual, we ate way too much.  Thank goodness for Maxi Dresses.

I made Squash Rolls (a recipe from a close friend, and they are so so good), Orange-Cranberry Sauce, and Pioneer Woman's Broccoli Wild Rice Casserole.  It was so good, but we ended up eating it the day after for lunch because we had way too much food!

And I may or may not have made myself a plate of deviled eggs and eaten it myself.

I have done so much online shopping this weekend that I am now officially done with all the kids and Danny.  The only thing left is for Danny to build Payton and Sage their own doll cradles.  I bought them American Girl Dolls that look like them.  They are spendy, but my girls love playing with dolls, and they can eventually pass them down to their daughters someday.  I'm excited to start sewing little skirts for them and their dolls so they can be matching.



Our Elf Charlie came back to us last night, and the kids were so excited when they woke up this morning to go to school!  He brought them a special breakfast, which of course they devoured because we rarely ever have donuts!

This was shortly after they woke up, can you tell? :)

Sawyer was mad about something this afternoon and was starting to yell, but when I reminded him that Charlie was watching, he quickly changed his attitude. Having an Elf around that reports to Santa every night is sure helpful!

And then tonight, before Family Home Evening, we made snow globes.



I love having my energy back now that I'm in the 2nd trimester.  I plan to do so many fun Christmas projects and activities with the family!

This time of year is so special!


No comments:

Post a Comment