Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween and a New Month

I'm glad it's a new month.  For some reason, I feel like October was the longest month.  I wasn't into Halloween this year, and normally it is a holiday that I really enjoy.

We didn't carve pumpkins.

Danny reminded me last night that we didn't even watch Hocus Pocus, which is a family tradition of ours.

We didn't go to the Pumpkin Patch as a family, but that was mostly due to the fact that we were given many pumpkins. Payton, Sawyer, and Sage all went on field trips to the Pumpkin Patch with their class where they each got one, then they had a parent at their school donate a pumpkin for every student. We also received some from our sweet neighbor.  Sometime next week, I plan to can up all the pumpkin so we can enjoy it year round.  I like to add it to muffins, sauces, breads, etc.

I did make Payton's costume.  She was a gypsy.  I bought her shirt and cut slits on the bottom and tied washers to it so it would jingle.  Then I sewed her skirt together with strips of fabric.  Sage had her heart set on being Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.  That is her favorite Disney princess. She opted not to wear the blonde wig that we borrowed from a friend.  Sawyer and Asher were lumberjacks, which made it easy because the only thing I had to order for them was their suspenders.  And I figured they could also wear them to church.



Aren't those the cutest little Lumberjack's you ever did see?  Asher's beard is my mascara smeared onto his face.  And of course, I'm partial to that sweet Gypsy and Sleeping Beauty.  




We squeezed in an hour of trick or treating with our friends before we headed to our church Halloween party.  It was a good night, and I know my kids had a great time.  


We still got them to bed early enough, which was nice.  I don't like messing with bedtimes, especially when they are so young.  

I am glad October is over.  I know November will bring a lot of fun and excitement.  We will have family staying with us for Thanksgiving, which will make it extra special.  November also means Christmas shopping and planning, which I always look forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment