Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Groceries

The more my kids grow, the more they eat.

It seems like we never have food in the house, even after I've just gone grocery shopping.

We just spent $250 at Costco last Saturday, and I still feel like we don't have any food. I'm trying to figure out how this is possible.

Danny ran to the store this afternoon to get some of the basics that we were out of. One of the things he brought home was a bunch of lunch meat! I commented on it, and he replied…

"This is how we have to shop now!"

And he is right!

I guess I still have the mindset of shopping for Danny and I and our "babies." Only, they are not all babies anymore. They are growing into ravenous little children who like to eat. They inherited that from me. Back in the day (especially when I was playing sports), I could eat a burrito the size of my face and still be hungry afterwards.

I am learning that I need to change my shopping ways. I remember my mother-in-law telling me that the most she ever spent at Costco in one trip was $1400. Albeit, that was when she was doing childcare, but I remember thinking how crazy that was.

I fear for our grocery budget when our kids are teenagers!


No comments:

Post a Comment