Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Trials

Can I just magically fast forward time and wake up when it's about 5 weeks from now?

Lately I've been feeling stressed to the max!

I am trying to simplify life right now.  I'm learning to say no because extra things just don't fit on my plate right now.

I am 6 months pregnant, and it's been hard for me to have the strength and energy to keep up with things that are required of me.

Yesterday, I woke up with such a positive attitude, and then this morning was the opposite.  It didn't help that Asher woke up at 5:45, which is much earlier than he normally does.  So this morning, I was a cranky mom who didn't have much patience as I got the other children ready for school.

I've been praying hard to understand the trials that I am facing and what I need to learn, as well as for strength to get through them.

I've also been praying for my faith to be strengthened.  Heavenly Father can work miracles, but faith is required of us.

It's easy to feel lost and alone when going through trials.  It's easy to start feeling like you are the only one that has ever experienced them.

I'm grateful for my knowledge though, that I have a Heavenly Father who is waiting to hear from me, and can uplift my spirit whenever I need it.  He can help to lift burdens off of our shoulders.  He gives us the strength to press forward, even when we want to wallow in our pity.

I recently read two articles about the challenges that other families experienced that made me realize how small my trials are compared to what others have gone through.  My trials seem almost like nothing compared to theirs.

This turned my attitude around.  It made me feel grateful for everything that I have.

I am so blessed with a husband who helps me so much, in every aspect of my life.  He's been such a huge help around the house.  And he's always a listening ear and comforts me whenever I need it.

I am so blessed to have 4 (soon to be 5) children that are healthy and happy.  It is certainly not an easy thing to raise children, but I have been so blessed by their sweet, innocent, humble and forgiving ways.

I am so blessed to have the knowledge of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for my testimony.

I am grateful for forgiveness.  Heaven knows I've had to ask for forgiveness from my family many times, and I've also grateful for my knowledge that my Heavenly Father forgives me for my weaknesses.

I am going to strengthen my faith and press forward.  Trials are necessary for our growth.  Maybe I should get this enlarged up and framed for my wall...

image source



No comments:

Post a Comment