Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pumpkins and Laundry.

Today was the only day this week that I didn't have something on the calendar. I wanted it to be a day where I didn't go anywhere, and just focused on getting things done around the house. It was also raining out, so I stayed in my new fleece pants all day with a fire going in our wood stove. That was so nice.

I filled a lot of my day with catching up on laundry and canning the pumpkins that have been sitting on the kitchen counter. The whole morning was one big pumpkin-fest. There were 7 total. I always forget what a chore it is to cut up pumpkins into 1" pieces! Asher helped me put the pumpkin rinds into a bowl as I chopped.

The largest pumpkin, I roasted and pureed so that I could use it in these different recipes over the next week...

Pumpkin No Bake Energy Bites
Pumpkin Creme Brûlée with Maple Sugar
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Crumb Bars
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Butter Oat Squares with Candied Pecans

'Tis the season to start munching on all things gooey, rich, savory, and delicious!

The rest of the night will be filled with the latest episode of Downton Abbey and Trader Joe's Chocolate Macadamia Lace Cookies. Thank goodness for husband time after the kids have gone to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment