Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sibling Love

I kept Payton home from school today because of her foot injury.  This morning she was so worried that Sawyer and Sage would have troubles getting to their classroom because she wasn't there to walk them to class like she usually does.  She kept telling me, "Mom, you have to walk them to class.  You're going to have to get out of the car and make sure they get there alright."  

I thought it was so sweet.  What a great big sister, looking out for her younger siblings like that.  

Then later in the afternoon, it came time to pick up Sawyer and Sage from Kindergarten.  They bickered the whole way home. Sage was upset with Sawyer because his friends were calling her and her friends names at recess.  I gave Sawyer a lecture about always sticking up for his sister.  They have so many life lessons to learn...

And then, within the first 5 minutes of being home, Sawyer somehow mysteriously got a sliver in his finger.  He was upset, and guess who was the first one to come to his aid?  Sage.  She ran like a madwoman into the bathroom trying to find a band-aid to put on his finger for him.  They forgot about their spat so fast and went back to being best friends.  I love that Sage immediately sprang into action to take care of her brother.  Before I even knew what was going on, she was already searching frantically for his band-aid.  



I love the bond that siblings have.  I'm so grateful that my children look after one another.

I have 3 younger sisters, and I am close with each of them.  Whenever we get together, we have so much fun.  We laugh hard, we tease each other, we swap stories, we share each other's burdens, we share advice.  

Just like my siblings and me, I feel overjoyed that my children have automatic best friends that they will forever share so much love with.  It is a true blessing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment