Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Do You Know a Yelta?

I have two yelta's in my family.

What is a yelta, you ask?

Someone whose regular speaking voice is extra loud, almost like they are shouting.  

My sister Meridith came up with this phrase by combining the words "yelling" and "talking."

I've noticed lately that Sawyer has become a yelta.  When he was at his pre-Kindergarten screening and did the hearing test, he missed some beeps.  Remember the hearing test where you put on the headphones and raised your hand when you heard the beeps?  That is the test where he missed some.  Our family doctor said she is not concerned though, and she will reassess him in a year.  But I really wonder if that is why he has become a yelta.  Or maybe it is because he has two talkative sisters?

Do you know a yelta, or have one in your family?


No comments:

Post a Comment