Wednesday, December 11, 2013

We've Been Busy Making Things…

It's been a really busy and productive past few days.

Last Saturday was one of those days where we literally had something scheduled every few hours.  It was crazy!  But before the madness began that day, I whipped up a batch of homemade laundry detergent. I used this recipe that I found on Pinterest. I've made it once before, and so I had all the ingredients already on hand (it makes 2 quarts at a time). It is super cheap to make, and lasts for a long time because you only need 1 tablespoon per load.  And because I've made it previously, I can tell you that it really does work very well!


I think I'm becoming addicted to Ana White's website.  I've got a whole list of furniture for Danny and I to build.  Danny built me a Farmhouse Table over the summer that turned out so beautiful using plans from her website.  I'm so grateful Danny is good at building things! I also want to learn to build things myself, so our next few pieces I plan to build along with him.  It's the power tools that get me.  I don't know how to use most of them, and some of them are so heavy!  On Monday while Asher was napping and the older kids were still at school, Danny and I braved the freezing cold outside and built a bench.  I need a bench to sit in this little nook area in our bedroom, and then I will need another one at the foot of our guest bedroom.  I chose a plan that only required 6 2x4's, so it made it easy for me for Danny to teach me a few things.  Yesterday morning, while I was sanding it down before staining it, Asher decided to take over the sanding.  



This week has been Spirit Week for the kids at school.  Every day this week, there is a different theme for the students to dress up as. Yesterday was Crazy Hair and Pajama Day.  We went all out for this day...


Today was Superhero/Character Day, so Sawyer went to school all decked out in Batman attire, and Sage went to school dressed like Fancy Nancy.  Payton chose not to dress up because she wanted to be Bridgit Mendler from Good Luck Charlie, but realized she didn't have all the things she wanted to wear.  I didn't take a picture this morning, but I should have.  



No comments:

Post a Comment