Sunday, October 27, 2013

Motherhood and Makeup.

I felt inspired to start a blog.  It's been on my mind for awhile now.  I need an outlet to write about my adventures as a wife and a mother.  Today is the perfect day to start...

This morning I was in the bathroom getting ready for church, putting on my makeup.  Sage, my 5 year old daughter, came in and started going through my makeup drawers, asking me what each item was.  She found my bronzer, and was about to put it on her face with her finger.  I told her I would help her put it on with a brush.  Then she asked me if she could put on some of my lip gloss, in which I said yes.  She brushed her lips with some light pink gloss, feeling as pretty as ever, smiling at her reflection in the mirror.  When I started to pick out the earrings I was going to wear, she ran to her room, grabbed a necklace she had been given and asked me to help put it on her.  

Then I started to get emotional.  I thought to myself, she won't be this little forever.  She will someday be a big teenager, who wants her own makeup and her own space to put it on.  Right now, she enjoys the company of her mother, and looks to me as an example.  There will come a day when she will be big and grown, and maybe won't desire the advice of her mother on how to put on makeup.  

I constantly pray to see my children as the Savior sees them.  They are sweet, special spirits that are here on earth to learn and grow.  I am their example.  I am their teacher.  I am their friend, and I love them so much.  I hope I can continue to recognize and cherish these sweet moments that come day to day.  

1 comment:

  1. I like that... seeing them as the Savior sees them. I've heard that phrase alot and desired to apply it to strangers or friends but to apply to my children, my innocent, perfect children who are so full of potential and constantly watching me; it reminds me that these children were Heavenly Father's before they were mine and I should strive to see them as the Lord sees them.

    ReplyDelete