Saturday, May 3, 2014

May!

I'm having a baby this month!  It's not very often that people can say that throughout their life, so I think it's pretty special!

I'm officially 37 weeks and 1 day.  The baby can be born any day now, but I'm not feeling any major contractions yet.

These last few weeks have been especially hard.  I've really learned that each pregnancy is different, and this one seems to be the hardest on my body.  I find it so strange, because I've carried twins for heaven sakes! Between Sawyer and Sage, I delivered almost 14 pounds of baby, yet I didn't hurt like I do with this child.  I've always considered myself to be a strong pregnant gal who just gets things done, but I've been really taking it easy this time around.  Danny has really been picking up my slack, which I am so extremely grateful for.  He helps me with SO much around the house.  I just keep assuring him that after this baby is born and my body is healed, I will be back full throttle!  Everything just seems to be at a stand still right now as we are waiting.

I'm trying to embrace these last few weeks of pregnancy because most likely they are the last weeks of my life that I will ever feel a human being growing inside of me.  It's a miraculous thing.  I figured I have many years to continue in life and not be pregnant, so I'm trying to slow down and cherish these special times.  Many times, that is hard, especially when I feel the aches and pains, and swollen feet!  This baby has hiccups constantly, which is fun for the other children to feel as they place their hands on my belly.  

The kids are getting very excited about meeting a new brother or sister. Payton and Sage believe that this baby is a girl because we seem to have a pattern going…girl, boy, girl, boy….so naturally, a girl would come next.  Sawyer wants to have a little brother, of course!

I was so lucky that recently my friends treated me to a dinner at Good Harvest Cafe where they showered me with love and neutral colored gifts!  I'm so grateful for good friends, and to feel their love especially during this time!


Mom & I 



This labor and delivery is going to be a little bit different.  Since I've really gotten into doTERRA essential oils over the past year, I plan to use certain oils to help me with the labor process.  I have some for pain management, some to diffuse into the room to help with relaxation, and one to even naturally help the uterus contract.  I have a friend who helped her daughter-in-law recently throughout her delivery using essential oils, and apparently all the OB nurses were stopping by her delivery room just to get whiffs of the oils that she had diffusing in the room.  Needless to say, I'm so excited to use them for the delivery because they have been so incredibly helpful to my family in so many other ways!

On another note, the weather here has been absolutely beautiful!  Every chance we get, we have been taking advantage of it at the rivers and beaches!  Here are some pictures from a few different days we spent at the rivers and beach.  We are sure lucky to live in such a beautiful area!

Asher's favorite thing to do at the river is to throw rocks into the water!



Sage didn't want to wear a swimsuit for this beach trip.



Sawyer was so worried about Asher falling into the brush on our hike down to the river.



I still need to blog about our Easter!  I've been totally slacking in the blog department!



No comments:

Post a Comment