Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Payton's Baptism

My oldest daughter Payton was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on December 22, 2013.  It was such a special evening.  We were so blessed to be in the presence of so many loved ones.  It was one of the most spiritual occasions I've enjoyed.  I could feel so strongly of our Heavenly Father's love for Payton.  She is such a great example to others around her.  She has a giant heart, and is always thinking of others.  She is such a beautiful girl, on the inside and outside!



Payton with her Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Walch
My Grandpa and Grandma Walch came from Utah for her baptism. They are such wonderful, special grandparents, we are so lucky! Grandpa spoke on Baptism, and Grandma spoke about the gift of the Holy Ghost. They were truly inspired talks.  My Grandpa Walch also spoke at my baptism when I was 8 years old in 1992.  I remember feeling overcome with emotion as my Grandpa spoke because I could feel the Spirit, as well as Heavenly Father's love for me so strongly.  I thought it was extra special that my Grandpa was able to also speak at my daughter's baptism. Payton is their oldest great-grandchild.

Payton & Sage
I feel like it wasn't that long ago that she was born!  I'm so grateful she made the decision to be baptized.  As the oldest child, she sure sets a great example to her younger siblings.

Payton with her Grandpa Fry & Dad


Payton with her Grandpa and Grandma Walch
The whole evening we were surrounded by such special friends and family members that we cherish.  We could feel the abundance of Heavenly Father's love for each one of us.  He provided a way for us to return and live with Him again, and being baptized is the first step.  The whole evening I was overcome with emotion as I watched my oldest daughter follow the example of Jesus Christ, who set the path for us to follow.  I know without a doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I'm so thankful to know that I can be with my family forever, not just in this lifetime.  We have truly been given so many special gifts from our Father in Heaven because of His love for each one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment